Almost 250 years ago Arthur Guinness emphasized the importance of using only the finest brewing ingredients…
Arthur started our quality journey.
Since then quality has been at
the core of our success. 250
years on, GUINNESS® is the quintessential, premium, quality
beer. A beer like no other,
GUINNESS® is a mark of quality
to drinkers across the world...
and quality builds great
GUINNESS® FOREIGN EXTRA STOUT:
GUINNESS® is sold in almost every country across the world.
GUINNESS® Foreign Extra Stout is the
fullest in flavour and strength of the
GUINNESS® brand regional variants with
an ABV of around 7%.
It has been brewed by the Master
Brewers for well over 200 hundred years.
There are some fantastic historical records going back to 1801 describing how this brand started life as West Indies Porter.
The key task of the brewers has been consistency in ensuring that absolutely nothing can affect the quality of such a remarkable product. To quote Fergal Murray, GUINNESS® Master Brewer; “One aspect that has ensured the absolute resolve to make this great beer, is the unrivalled passion of the people who work for GUINNESS®”.
Its fullness of flavour, character and creamy head have remained unchanged. GUINNESS® is truly one of world’s greatest beers and most fulfilling taste experiences.
Great beer needs great ingredients and you can rest assured that this will always be the case with GUINNESS®.
• Roasted Barley and Malted Barley
GUINNESS® is brewed in 5 stages:
1. Milling & Mashing - Take the malted barley, crush and add hot water. Mix for
a short period to extract the brewing
2. Separating - Collect the brewing
sugars, leaving the grain behind. This
liquid is called wort.
3. Boiling - Add the hops then boil the liquid wort for 90 minutes to concentrate the sugars and extract bitterness from the hops.
4. Fermenting - Cool, add yeast and allow to ferment for a number of days letting the yeast convert brewing sugars to alcohol and
carbon dioxide gas.
5. Maturing & Storage – Hold the beer to allow it to achieve balance and be prepared for final packaging.
WHAT MAKES GUINNESS STAND OUT FROM OTHER BEERS...?
GUINNESS® is... GUINNESS®. Six distinctive features make GUINNESS® stand out from other beers. These are key to your knowledge as an Ambassador.
1. Roasted Barley: The traditional craft
of roasting barley gives a wonderful deep
ruby red colour and a unique roasted
2. Extra Hops: We use double the
average amount of hops for even more
3. GUINNESS® Yeast: To capture the full freshness of the ingredients, our famous strain of GUINNESS® yeast, traced back to Arthur’s time, works like no other yeast, ensuring our beer is fully fermented and charged with flavour.
4. Maturation Process: During the maturation process everything is allowed to settle and slow down. Some rest is needed so all the ingredients achieve a balance and consistency that is demanded by the brewers. The flavour is enhanced by this mythical process where GUINNESS® becomes GUINNESS®, a beer like no other.
5. Creamy Head: Whichever your GUINNESS® variant, it will always be crowned by a distinctive, creamy head.
With GUINNESS® Draught - nitrogen is added in the brewing process. As the beer is served, the nitrogen is released and the bubbles are initiated, bringing the beer alive and creating the famous surge, settle and wonderful creamy head. This is what gives the look of perfection that should be be revered.
For GUINNESS® Foreign Extra Stout - the depth of character in flavour is matched with the amount of entrained carbon dioxide. When poured from a bottle it releases an eruption of foam, creating the classic, slightly brown, full and creamy head.
6. Brewer’s Legacy: GUINNESS® brewers know what makes this great beer so special. It is the tradition, craft and passion, passed down through generations for 250 years, that makes GUINNESS® unique.
Every batch that leaves the brewery is tasted by the brewer to ensure exacting standards – one of the world’s greatest jobs!
BREWING AROUND THE WORLD:
We brew consistently great GUINNESS® around the world, in more than 50 breweries, so that no matter where the GUINNESS® is brewed, our customers get a great GUINNESS® everytime.
GUINNESS® is… GUINNESS®:
• It is distinctive and unique
• It has a great heritage and history
• It is full of flavour; rich and balanced
• Its premiumness is underpinned by many unique qualities and product attributes
• It is a story of facts, myths and legends
There is more to experience with GUINNESS® than with any other brand.
Quality drivesGUINNESS® growth and great GUINNESS® everywhere, every time
is our goal.
With this goal achieved GUINNESS® and our customers will be even more successful and loyal drinkers will enjoy great GUINNESS® all over the world.
The remarkable 250 year old story of GUINNESS® continues.